City Council Regular Meeting March 19, 2019 PDF Print E-mail

CALL TO ORDER

Mayor Bruce Altznauer called to order the regular meeting of the Rutledge City Council on the above date. Council members Brenda Thompson, Tony Sells and Brandie Owens were present as were members of the public. Council member Tim Smith was absent.

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

Mayor Altznauer called for and led the Pledge of Allegiance.

APPROVAL OF MINUTES

Brenda Thompson made motion to approve the minutes of the February 19, 2019 regular meeting as submitted. Tony Sells seconded, all voted in favor and motion carried.

BUSINESS LICENSE APPROVAL – GARY HULTGREN

Mayor Altznauer advised the council that the business called Handmade Emporium Market would be located at 106 W. Main Street and would sell crafts and be a consignment shop. He stated that it is an allowed use. Tony Sells made motion to approve the business license for Handmade Emporium Market. Brenda Thompson seconded, all voted in favor and motion carried.

PARKING ISSUES – KRIS BRAY

Mayor Altznauer said that Kris Bray was not present but that the letter submitted is bringing up past issues of parking. I have talked to Ernest Clark about parking the city truck and his personal truck at the end of the shop. This frees up about four or five parking spaces. There are areas we can address. The merchants can have employees park back behind the depot and need to make sure that no employees are parking on the front street parking spaces. We need to make merchants aware of this. The issue of taking down the shed was mentioned but we use the shed.

Tony Sells said we have looked at this before. Did we determine that we need them. I definitely do not want to go into the park. Brandie Owens asked can we put up signs that say additional parking at the churches. She said as long as they agree. The Mayor said we could do that. Tony Sells said the thing I am concerned about is trucks parking and sticking to far out into the street. Can we do anything about that. The mayor said that he did not think so. Brandie Owens said we need to find out when the busiest time is and then we can look into it.

APPROVAL OF INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT – SPLOST VII

Mayor Altznauer said this will start in April 2019. I think all you need to do is give me the authority to sign the agreement. Brenda Thompson made motion to approve the SPLOST VII

Intergovernmental agreement and give the mayor authority to sign. Tony Sells seconded, all voted in favor and motion carried.

FEARS ROAD WELL UPDATE

Mayor Altznauer advised the council that they flipped the switch Friday on the well and everything went as planned filling up the tank. EPD has approved everything. We have put rip rap around the well head. The biggest part of this is we will no longer be obligated to buy 18,000 gallons per day from Madison. Our engineer Marty Boyd and I met with David Nunn in December and had talks about putting in another meter.

EVENTS UPDATE – MOLLY LESNIKOWSKI

Not Present

DEPOT ROOF AND BUILDING UPDATE

Mayor Altznauer stated that last month we had the roofing expert. The insurance adjuster came down and looked at the roof and said they would pay for it. RWN was the cheapest quote. The old City Hall is cleaned out and we are going to take bids on getting it painted and the carpets cleaned.

Brandie Owens made motion to adjourn at 7:31 PM. Tony Sells seconded, all voted in favor and motion carried.

ADJOURN

___________________________________ __________________________________

Bruce Altznauer Mayor Debbie Kilgore City Clerk

Search

Calendar of Events

E-Verify ID # 185591

Date of Authorization

01-29-09

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack