Public Hearing - July 27, 2015 - 7:00 PM PDF Print E-mail

CALL TO ORDER

Mayor pro tem Brenda Thompson called to order the budget hearing on the above date. Council members Tim Smith, Chad Cook and Bruce Altznauer were present as were members of the public.

BUDGET DISCUSSION

Debbie Kilgore advised the council that the only thing that had changed on the budget was property taxes. She said it was increased to the amount on the five year history.

PUBLIC COMMENT

Brenda Thompson called for public comment. Joellen Artz was present and said she would like to talk about the Chamber of Commerce. She said that Bob Hughes came this spring and talked to you about what the Chamber does for Rutledge. She said that they always include Rutledge in the Christmas tour of homes and that brings a lot of people to Rutledge but Bob Hughes said Rutledge was not in it this year. He said no one had stepped forward. I offered up my house and told him I thought the church would be on it. She said this will be devastating to Rutledge. If the City wants to go ahead and give them the money that is budgeted you will not be getting anything in return. Brenda Thompson said that she would contact Bob Hughes. Brenda Thompson asked if there were any more comments for or against. There was none.

RESOLUTION TO ADOPT BUDGET

Chad Cook made motion to approve the Resolution to Adopt the City of Rutledge Fiscal Year 2015-2016 Budget. Tim Smith seconded, all voted in favor and motion carried.

Chad Cook made motion to adjourn at 7:40 pm. Tim Smith seconded, all voted in favor and motion carried.

ADJOURN

Search

Calendar of Events

E-Verify ID # 185591

Date of Authorization

01-29-09

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack