Special Called Meeting - February 28, 2013 PDF Print E-mail

CALL TO ORDER

Mayor Knight called to order the special called meeting on the above date.  Council members Brenda Thompson, James Bratcher and Chad Cook were present.  Council member Bill Spann was absent.

DISCUSSION OF TENNIS COURT BIDS

Mayor Knight called out the bid totals as follows:

Talbot Tennis                 $54,899

A&B Contractors            $55,514

Sims Paving                   $62,500

Mayor Knight advised the council that the only contractor that came out and physically looked at the sight was A & B Contractors.  He said that they included $3000.00 for grading and the engineer said we could take that out.  He stated if we take off the $3000.00 that will make A & B the lowest.  A & B Contractors is the company that installed our speed humps.  He said I imagine they will do the asphalt and contract out the rest.  He said I imagine Talbot Tennis will do the whole thing.  Chad Cook asked if there would be a quality difference.  Mayor Knight stated no there should not be they will be following the same specs.  Brenda Thompson stated that if we will get the same results then I would go with the lowest bid.   James Bratcher stated do we go with 2” of asphalt and deduct $4200.00.  Mayor Knight said the engineer said no.

AWARD OF BID

Chad Cook made motion to accept the bid from A & B Contractors, Inc. with a deduction of $3000.00 for grading making the bid total $52,514.00.  Brenda Thompson seconded, all voted in favor and motion carried.

Brenda Thompson made motion to adjourn at 6:40pm.  Chad Cook seconded, all voted in favor and motion carried.

MEETING ADJOURNED

Search

Calendar of Events

E-Verify ID # 185591

Date of Authorization

01-29-09

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack